American Cancer Society
Relay For Life of East Austin
Friday, April 24, 2015
Donate or Join the Austin AKAs Team
Team Link: Austin AKAs
Welcome to our team page! Almost all of us have been touched by cancer in some way, so we've decided to make a difference by raising money and walking in our local American Cancer Society Relay For Life event.
At the event, our team will take turns walking around the track to raise money and awareness to help the American Cancer Society in the world’s largest movement to end cancer.
Our team is taking action to help finish the fight. Please join our team or make a donation. Saving lives from cancer starts with one team, one participant, and one dollar at a time.
What Is Relay?
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camaraderie
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
What Makes a Relay Event Special?
- Survivors Lap
- Luminaria Ceremony
- Fight Back Ceremony